Total Pageviews

Saturday 15 October 2011

Priceless

We're well into October now, and judging by the weather alone, you couldn't really tell.  The weather has been mild on the whole.  This morning looks quite cold though.  Anyway, time seems to be going quickly; the weeks are flying by.  This coming week is the last week before half term.  As advertising tells us constantly, Christmas is coming and we have to do our shopping now.  It's the same every year.  We also have the Halloween stuff accumulating too on shop shelves.  I don't really care about Halloween though.  That aside, I actually quite like year 12.  I think I have grasped what needs to be done to get the best grades, and it's simply hard work.  Yesterday evening I was considering possible careers for the future. For a while now, I thought I wanted to be a dentist, but I have some doubts.  For one, to be a doctor or dentist you need to pass the UKCAT, which I don't want to have to prepare for etc.  What interests me now is the possibility of becoming an air traffic controller.  It would be quite fascinating to work at an airport I think, and there are good financial prospects too.

All of that is for the future and a bit pie in the sky.  I have been going to the gym more frequently now.  My aim is to be as fit, healthy and strong as possible and you need to balance exercise with study.  I have taken well to weights, and I always feel better when I come out of the gym.  You may not know this, but it makes sense: you don't get bigger on your workout days, but on your rest days.  This way, the muscle repairs and gets bigger after being torn.  It's true what they say, you get out what you put in!  This isn't gym related, but I recently received a remark result which went up thankfully.  It was in History and I was pleased.  I now have 6A*'s and 4A's.    

Have you noticed that some people buy music for the way the musician looks?  Take Cher Lloyd and Cheryl Cole for example, who are attractive, but the quality of their vocals are debatable.  Rihanna and Katy B seem to have the balance.  They are quite creative and make good songs.  Susan Boyle's success did somewhat change this, but it's certainly still a factor.  This is slightly off topic, but a few moths ago I got an email from a 33 year old woman saying she wants to start a relationship.  I found this rather odd, and it was probably a scam.  It was pretty funny though considering she is double my age.  It just shows you the array of stuff that ends up in your inbox!  

On the news we are constantly being told about the doom and gloom of life.  So here's something more light-hearted to get you laughing:

There once was an artist named Saint,
Who swallowed some samples of paint.
All shades of the spectrum
Flowed out of his rectum 
With a colourful lack of restraint.  


I think I'll end it here for now.  Thanks for reading.


- Mike  



No comments:

Post a Comment