Total Pageviews

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Is Utilitarian the new Sexy?

Are you sick of my corny puns?  If so, here is a more "bloggish" title.   If you are reading this with English analytical skills, you may even say that a question helps include and engage the reader.  Well whatever.  This question is a surprisingly interesting question to ponder on in the society we live in these days.  If you can utilise something, it means you might become fond of it.  You may not consider it "sexy," but nevertheless it's useful in your life.  However I believe the two go hand in hand.  Take "Apple" products for example.  The I-pad is unquestionably handsome, but it's also useful.  ("It can't make you a cup of tea though," as grandparents would say.)  I don't own one though.  The same pattern can be observed in the I-pod and many other gadgets.  The best combination would be a sexy looking car (like a Lamborghini) which was incredibly satisfying to drive - and reliable.  Items like cutlery and napkins serve a purpose, but they aren't sexy.  Still, the world is becoming increasingly picky about aesthetics and utilitarianism.  Progress has been made in the last 50 years then.  I thought I would just take your mind of the imminent exams briefly anyway.     

Today my bus was a little bit annoying.  I pressed the "stop" button three times, and the bus driver seemed ignorant to this.  I ended up being dropped up in Gerrards Cross town instead of where I wanted to be dropped.  Oh well, I got some exercise I suppose.  It is good for the old ticker.  I also received my citizenship card which is supposed to give a pittance of a reduction on items in certain Slough shops.  Who would want to shop in Slough!?  That's putting it candidly - it's useful I suppose ;)  We all know we have exams starting on Monday.  How well prepared are you?

In sport, and more specifically football; Manchester Untied seem destined to win the Premier League.  Liverpool won extremely comfortably last night against Fulham, 5-2. I am more happy about Wycombe Wanderers gaining promotion though.  You see, not a complete gloryhunter am I?  So as my academic year draws to a close, I have been pondering on my time in compulsory education.  It hasn't passed that quickly actually.  It's an important stage in my life of course though with exams and sixth form coming soon.  I hope my destiny is a rosy as Manchester United's then.

To everyone doing exams soon; I wish you the very best of luck.

Love from Inspector Goobs.          
 

No comments:

Post a Comment