Total Pageviews

Monday 16 May 2011

You ain't nothing but a hound blog...

"They said you was high class, well that was just a lie."  Standard par there from Elvis.  What a "g."  I have been thinking recently about the legacy and indeed the present situation with rock music.  It all began really with Elvis in the 50's with rock and roll, where there was such excitement about seeing him sing.  He caught the world like a storm.  He starred in films and was good looking - as the women knew.  The Beatles revolutionised the way we listen to music today and their influence can be seen in many artists, most noticeably, Oasis.  My point in saying all this is that the spark of rock music is burning out.  Take Glastonbury for instance; a festival renowned for it's huge rock acts.  Well a few years ago Jay-Z headlined the event.  His music is good, he has some cracking lyrics too.  Still, usually I would much rather listen to Oasis on an off day, than him at his best.  Saying this, I do go through odd phases of liking a few random artists.  For example N-Dubz, where I liked there catchy singles.  The thing is though, now think about this; the music that stands the test of time is often rock music.  Music that sounds as fresh today as it did when it was released maybe twenty or thirty years ago.  I do like a variety of music though, it's just I have noticed this change particularly in rock.  Anyway, that aside, did you think Jude Law looked dapper at Cannes?  I did.  He is a man men love to hate, but he pulled off a tux well.  I have bought two silk ties to accompany my suits.  Hopefully I will have much success wearing them - pulling women ;D

Today I had two exams.  The English went well I think.  However the French was poor.  I wouldn't be surprised if I got 20/40 on that paper.  My dad re-assured me though that French "won't earn you money" and "don't worry, French is not your language."  How was the first day of public exams for you?  Good probably.  Or as Cein Hannan would put it, "grand."  There is your shout out, subtly done.

This weekend saw Manchester United win the Premier League.  It also released West Ham from its majestic grasp.  Don't you think it's awful that attempted attacks are repeatedly being tried on Neil Lennon, the Celtic manager?  There is clearly a fierce rivalry in Scotland still.  People need to move on.  History is history.  The Irish are discontented about the queen visiting the republic too.  Again, patriotic paddy's (plosive alliteration) are remembering when times weren't so stable.  This hatred was just, but not any more.  Lets not get BLOGGED down with all this.  Sorry if I am overdoing it with the puns.

I have heard another funny limerick, and well I haven't done one in a while so here it is:

An agreeable girl named Miss Doves
Likes to fondle the young men she loves.
She will use her bare fist
If the fellows insist
But she really prefers to wear gloves  

Good luck in the remainder of your exams people.

Yours sincerely, Goobs.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment