Total Pageviews

Friday 13 May 2011

Seven days without a pun makes one weak...

So, we've made it to the end of year 11.  It seems a little strange because I can clearly remember sitting in an assembly when the year began and staff telling us just how quickly the year would go.  They weren't lying.  If Concorde could represent a year, it would be year 11 :)  So now we just have to go in for exams and revise of course.  My compulsory education is finished, and that ladies and gentlemen is a mile stone.  From now on we have the choice of what to study or seek employment etc.  I have chosen English and I have been told I am foolish by some off my peers.  They're probably right.  But lets "roll with the punches."  Congratulations anyway everyone!          


We are in the thick of exams and revision at the moment,  or "rolling in the deep."  Lets hope we don't look back and say: "we could have had it all..."  I am happy with my coursework results in Geography and History, both of which were quite tricky to do well in.  I seem set up for the exams.  The final hurdle is my mentality and ability to remain cool through this period.  All of this aside, lets talk about TV for a second.  The new series of "The Apprentice" began on Tuesday.  What do you think?  I think that series is always a winner.  Lord Sugar helps add tension and depth to the program.  They manage to represent a positive aspect of business, and put aside some of the corporate façade.  Waterloo Road has also been re-introduced.  What I can say about it is that it's intense!  How do feel about wearing suits?  I have recently purchased two suits, but it's quite difficult them as you can imagine.  GQ magazine are always banging on about men releasing their sartorial side anyway.  


With the Premier League coming to an end soon, and Wimbledon beginning, there is plenty to watch in sport.   Is Lionel Messi unstoppable?  He will test Man Utd if he is in good form in the Champions League final.  Have you noticed that Man Utd tend to play Ji-sung Park in the "big" games?  It shows the influence he has.  Ok. that's enough on sport.  I recently discovered that Megan Fox models for Armani.  A reason to purchase their clothing?  I think so ;)  The premier for the new Pirates of the Caribbean film occurred yesterday.  No doubt there were women fainting as Johnny Depp passed.  I was unsatisfied with the last film though.  It was a bum numbing three hours and a little weak in terms of plot.  Well this one has Penelope Cruz and will be shown in 3D.  This summer will see the release of "Cowboys and Aliens" which features Daniel Craig.  Is it worth going to see, just for Olivia Wilde?  


I know there is much more I could comment on to do with school memorabilia, but I have written enough for now.  To end this blog, and indeed the school year I will share with you some school/subject related pun liners:


To write with a broken pencil is pointless.


When fish are in schools they sometimes take debate.


Gravity is studied a lot because it’s a very attractive field.
The poet had written better poems, but he’d also written verse.
When chemists die, we barium

Good luck everyone in the exams.  Before you know it, it'll be X-mas!  

Love for Michael Goober Price.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment