Total Pageviews

Friday 11 February 2011

Mock The Week...

Congratulations.  We made it to the end of the week and what a hard week it's been.  As it's Friday, it may mean you have an ideal excuse to get fish and chips or just doss around.  You can't help but notice that Monday is St Valentine's day however.  This weekend will see millions of couples rushing out to the shops; deciding on what gift to buy their partner.  Clichéd gifts include teddy bears, chocolates and perfume, but this year I don't have to worry about any of that as I am single.  I will probably spend Valentine's day on the sofa with a bag of crisps.  Have any of you had an arrow hit your bottom recently?  If so Cupid must be at work again.  Imagine if he created a woman with Carol Vordeman's intelligence and Cheryl Cole's looks.  

Other topical news include England's victory earlier on in the week.  After the appalling World Cup England had, a win was a surprise.  Other than that I am not too sure what else has been going on.  I don't want to depress everyone by mentioning fatal injuries and deaths.  If any of you tune into EastEnders, than you will probably be slightly disturbed by the baby swap storyline and will be waiting for it to draw out.  Why can't people in that bloody show do the right thing for once?  Last week's Top Gear saw the boys in Albania for a ridiculous testing of "three" luxury cars.  However Jeremy came up with a preposterous excuse for leaving the Bentley behind.  Instead they tested an old banger.  Some of you may not know that in 2002, James May wasn't part of the show, instead it was Jason Dawe who provided sensible buying advice.  

It's been a while now since this new coalition government have ruled the roost.  What do you think of them?  I am still unsure.  They have inherited a humongous amount of debt form the previous government, and actually have tried to do something about it.  I will agree that some of these severe spending cuts are a step too far at the moment.  Anyway, there is that old saying: "never trust a politician."

The weather seems to be getting milder, but it is still remarkably dreary out there.  That typical English grey sky we always get looms over us.  Anyway Spring's only around the corner.  All of this aside, I want to mention gaming very briefly.  I don't play often, but I feel it is a good way to pass the time.  Many males are near obsessed with Call of Duty's Black Ops.  I will admit it is an entertaining game, it's just I don't usually have time for it.

The school I attend has attempted to tighten up on rules and regulations - especially regarding Form rooms.  Although these are gradually working, people generally ignore them.  I believe it's a good school, but there could be improvements.  The downside of St Bernard's Catholic Grammar School is its location.  It is situated in the dire area of Slough.  Anyway, I mustn't complain, there are probably worse areas out there?

Anyway I have run out of anything else to say and will post again tomorrow.  In the mean time have a lovely evening.

From Ginger-nut (Michael Price)             

No comments:

Post a Comment