Total Pageviews

Monday 14 February 2011

Roses are red, and so is my hair...

Were you lucky enough to get a cheeky smooch today? Na, me neither.  Anyway here is something I have been thinking about today.  Red heads.  As a percentage of the world's population, they are very small.  Due to this rarity, people have found it in themselves to mock red headed people.  The same can be said in the celebrity world.  There are few.  Off the top of my head there is: Elton John, Josh Homme, Chris Evans, Simon Peg, Rupert Grint and the attractive Kelly Reilly.  Clearly they are rare breed, at risk of becoming extinct.  Well not really.  This is down to a recessive gene.  Red heads are more common in Scotland and Ireland for some reason, perhaps evolution.  A bit off topic, but I heard today on BBC Breakfast that boys who blog do better in school and academia!  I don't know how true that is, but I am decent enough in school and hate it when I do not achieve my full potential.  What a cliché, I am sorry.  So how was Valentine's day for you?  Romantic, lovey-dovey?  At least the weather wasn't too bad today.  Next week is half term which is good news for many!  From  this Friday evening I will be staying at a holiday home in Southampton.  I am looking forward to the pool table and tennis courts, but don't know if it's really what I should be doing.  The teachers tell us to begin our revision this half term etc.  I have heard Southampton is OK when it comes to activities and "things to do."  There is the New Forest not too far and I am sure many other interesting things.  Are you one of the lucky ones who gets a holiday abroad?  If so enjoy it!  It will probably go quickly.  For me in most subjects I feel I am making good progress which bodes well for the summer exams.  Had enough of me waffling on?  Well I will shut up now.

Lots of love,

From Ginger-Nut                

No comments:

Post a Comment