Total Pageviews

Thursday 17 March 2011

The Curious Incident Of The Blog In The Night-time...

As we approach the end of the week, there is much to ponder on consider in global news.  The devastating situation in Japan at the forefront.  Japan as we know is a developed country, with a good economy.  Sadly now though, their economy can't be the best, with businesses suffering from the earthquakes and other natural travesties.  We also remember Libya, where the fight for power and justice rages on.  I feel I am fortunate not to be ruled by a dictator.  It must be frightening at times.  I was reading an article on the BBC website today which was about why Britons read books related to Nazism.  It goes on to mention the interesting stuff, but begs the question, is this healthy reading?  Enough about dictators for now as I don't want to get everyone bogged down.    

Being in full time education means most of your time is spent at school - learning.  Well Marissa Miller could certainly teach me a lesson, perhaps a physical education lesson, where we do practical, not theory ;)  The reality is different though.  Fantasy and reality rarely bump into each other unfortunately.  Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Happy St Patrick's day folks!  Any old excuse for the Irish to go down to the pub then I suppose - sorry that was flippant.  The Irish have a public holiday today, but the English don't seem to regard St George's day with the same celebration.  The Irish have a more "layed back" way of life.  "Top of the mornin' to ye"  and so on.  Fair enough.   

In music, The Strokes have a new album coming out soon.  I do like The Strokes, especially their first two albums.  They were a band like The Libertines to emerge at the start of the "noughties" with a fresh take on indie music.  Their third album wasn't so good though in my opinion.  The Libertines had much potential, but the flame burnt out too soon.  Pete Dougherty's drug problems being one of the reasons.  I am not so keen on Rihanna's new single though.  However everything she does is successful - especially with her looks.  I quite like chosing the "shuffle" option on my ipod and I realise that I have good songs on there which I rarely listen to.  

Anyway, that's a rap, and that's all from Goobs,

Over and out.         

         

1 comment: