Total Pageviews

Sunday 6 March 2011

A Fist Full Of Maltesers...

Perhaps we all should realise that money isn't the most important thing in life.  Jessie J' s song "price tag" tells us "it ain't about the money, money, money..." etc.  So Dirty Harry's "Fist full of dollars" is less appropriate somewhat.  However the reality is different - everything costs money these days.  Even when walking we find something to spend money on - maltesers for example.  The problem is VAT has become so FAT and prices have soared.  The other message that needs to be acknowledged is peace.  Remember: "the pen is more powerful than the sword."  This principal is not relevant to Libya obviously.  Their idea is to fight to get freedom.      

This weekend I have bought a new pair of smart shoes - they're Loake ones.  However it took me five hours on Saturday to find a pair in size 12.  I went from Uxbridge, to Brent Cross, to Oxford Street.  In hindsight, Westfield would have been more suitable.  I have also had a haircut.  I went for a number 2 buzz-cut because it's short and tidy.  This week sees my year having a retreat day on Tuesday which is nice and the sessions are being led by Angelina Jolie and she will help us meditate ;)  I am not fooling anyone am I.  Instead we have Wayne Dixon's input - he's the guy that does this rap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKuX6aglvSw  Mildly amusing?  Connecting with your inner-self?  Annoyingly, our main TV is not working - the screen is occupied by vertical lines.  So I am not up to date with the news.  However I found out the Liverpool vs Man Utd score still online.  Another defeat!  I guess it makes the Premier League contest more interesting - but in doing so it will make Man Utd fans sweat.  At least the weather was good today.  Knowing England though, it won't last.

I hope everyone has had a good weekend,

From Goobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment