Total Pageviews

Thursday 3 March 2011

For Your Thighs Only...

So, what do you think of the current coalition government?  So far I am not sure.  They have been making savage cuts in the public sector, and indeed pretty much everywhere else.  However arguably these cuts are being made in the wrong places.  The steep rise in University tuition fees is a tough situation which will affect my generation that want to go to University.  Ok, getting a student loan is standard enough, but say you read medicine for seven years, you leave with £63,000 worth of debt (£9,000 per year)!  Elsewhere the recent VAT rise to 20% is ridiculous - they haven't done the basic arithmetic.  Unemployment is on the rise, right - so fewer people will now be able to afford luxury goods.  Fuel prices are rising exponentially; soon only the rich will be able to afford to run a car.  Usually I wouldn't bang on about this, it''s just that it affects us all in one way or another.  I know the Tories blame the previous government for the country's catastrophic debt - it's humongous apparently.  Still the situation in Ireland is worse I admit, not to mention Libya.  So now nobody can afford anything or to do anything (exaggeration, I know).  Why are the British so reserved and money conscious though?  The Italians seem to have a better quality of life, for example they eat out in restaurants and such like. (Generalisation accepted).  Perhaps we can learn from our European neighbours.

Anyway, enough of the doom and gloom.  The title of the post has to go to Pixie Lott's thighs ;)  If only 007 got his hands on those.  What would my mamma do?  This is off topic completely, but my Formspring has been full of "below the belt" comments which I actually find amusing.  If you have any questions, ask me there if you want.  The good news is that the end of the week is near.  The weekends our a motive I guess.

Have a good one,

From Goobs.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment